Usually when I get a piece of furniture, I start and finish it within a month. Part of that is due to the excitement of wanting to work on it and becuase I usually go in an order based on when I get pieces. Not so much with this one. I started working on it a long time ago, but it was a bleeder and needed to be primed, which I avoided.
After using one coat of Kilz, I was able to start painting. I used the color Breezy by Sherwin Williams. It took 2 coats, with 3 in some places. After everything had dried and cured, I lightly distressed to highlight all of the details and lines of the piece, and the white primer gives the dresser a layered look.
After distressing, I sealed it with wax, then buffed it out. I kept the original hardware to use again, but the doors did not have any pulls so I used some I had taken off another piece. They match really well with the style of the piece and it has an antique french vibe going on.