I got my hands on this awesome dresser thanks to someone who followed what I do on facebook. This demi lune dresser came along with the tallboy from the set, but that makeover is for a different day 🙂
It was pretty before, but some missing/broken hardware, one dimensional finish and hand painted flowers were just not what I had in mind for her. I gave her a quick sanding to rough things up (focusing a lot on the flower detail so I would have a smooth finish), removed the hardware and filled the holes for new knobs.
I went with a classic white and grey color scheme. I already had the grey on hand, and two coats was enough to cover everything. A few days later I taped off the detail on the drawers and sides, and gave it 3 coats of white. It adds so much visual interest to the piece and makes those details that would otherwise be lost, stand out. The last thing I had to do was measure, mark and drill holes for new hardware. I added some white and chrome knobs from D. Lawless, keeping with the grey and white theme. I still have the mirror to paint, but this lady is looking a lot lovelier dresser in grey 🙂