I somehow miraculously finished this dresser during finals week. I spaced the work out over a couple of days, and it has now got me in project mode! I have so many pieces I want to work on!
I removed the hardware, and patched some of the rings left from the hardware, then used the electric sander to rough up the finish. It has a thick almost lacquered finish, and I was just trying to smooth it out. After a nice vacuum and wipe-down, I mixed up a custom color of milk paint I call Summer Sky. I used some MMSMP Flow Blue along with some OFMP white and brown since I didn’t want such a rich and bright blue for this particular piece. To be sure it adhered, I added the bonding agent to 2 of the 3 coats, and it worked like a charm! After the paint cured, I lightly sanded with a 320 grit sanding block and distressed the edges. I normally just add some white knobs, but I found some new ones for this piece and I love that they are oversized and have some design to them. They pair so well together!